Friday, March 5, 2010

Deep Thoughts (Dreams) ****By Jacob...

And Today.. Deep thoughts by Jakie:
Ever had an irrational fear? Ever had a funny/scary dream? Well, 5 year olds are no exception. I remember as a kid having really scary dreams that when said aloud were not quite so scary, but rather funny. I thought I would document this one for Jakie so he could look back one day and laugh. Here is the conversation that was had between Rick and Jake (while Rick got Jake ready for bed) in its entirety:


Jacob: Dad, I had a really scary dream last night.

Rick: Really? What was your dream about

Jacob: No! I don't want to tell about it.

Rick: Jake, you don't have to be afraid. What was your dream about?

Jacob: Oh:( I had a dream that my hair grew really long and a mean person used me as a mop!

Rick: Silence...(letting it register)...belly laugh!

Jacob: It's not funny dad! I don't want to be a mop!

Rick: still chuckling, I think you are okay Jake. No on will use you as a mop.

Jacob: Oh, okay.


Rick tells Sarah later that night to a familiar reaction...


Sarah: Silence...(letting it register)...belly laugh!


Oh, our kids. They are nuts! I love that being used as a mop is the most violent/scary thing he can conjure. I am glad that the world has not gotten in there yet. Wish I could keep that his worst fear ever! We were sad to see that he was scared though. I will have to tread lightly next time I mop the kitchen and bathrooms!

4 comments:

Joyelle said...

ha ha haaaa :) that is too tooo cuuute! and sooo funny :) i hear ya tho, id take that as a worst fear for kids hands down!!! jake is such a stud!!!

kate said...

ha ha! poor guy. i don't think my kids know what a mop is. that is really sad. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh how sad! What a dream, it really would be horrible to be used as a mop. He has such a great imagination. So funny!

westley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.