projects. I love them. Not crafting per -se..just finding something that needs to be done, made, photographed, commemorated, celebrated, anything as long as it is fun or worth while. So, today I was thrilled to tackle quite a few of them.
Project 1. I have been meaning to make a little habitat for a Caterpillar with Jacob for forever. It took all of about 5 minutes and it was so fun.
(You can see the the little guy inside on the branch by jakies eye. He has white fur with a black legs and belly.)
Jakie was delirious with excitement and I loved watching him squeal about Jr. That is the caterpillars name. Junior (Jr.). The kids in the neighborhood were poking him with a stick when I found them and rescued him with Jake. Jake was poking him too, but I told him caterpillars are not bugs, they turn into butterflies, so we love them! He got excited and promptly promised not to kill him anymore. Thank goodness. You have to listen to the video I have on the little guy. Jake is so funny. Listen for the herbivore line. He watches animal planet and loves to use their lingo. I will post a pic when the little guy becomes a butterfly (if he makes it that long).Project 2. Clean out the house. I have made room for Jakie's bike, my jogging stroller, blankets, etc. in a closet that a few days ago could not fit another thing in. Now I have room to spare. Shout out to the good folks at Goodwill that made that possible. Who needs 12 un-used bags for the airport?? 1200sq ft. can feel pretty big if you get rid of all of your crap! I got the kitchen re-organized, laundry done, dishes washed, a full run to wal-mart (a full days event in itself.). hit a swap meet, listened to conference and got cute today. I wish every day was Saturday!
Project 3. Paint Jacobs bed. We previously had Jacob sleeping on a box spring and mattress because I refused to by a cheap bed that would fall apart or that I hated. I wanted to find a great bed that I loved and would hang on to for a while. Well, a friend (that's you Kate) gave me a bed that they were going to donate that was perfect. I sanded, primed and painted it to be milky white and it is just perfect. I cant wait to afford a massive bundle of bedding that will rock the rooms world!! The bedding and frames and whole kids room (and house) decore will be my project for the tax return time!! YAY! Anyway, for now.. I am just glad that the bed works. (I will post a pic here tomorrow when the light allows a good pic)
Well, that was about it today. I had hoped to get the car cleaned out, take Jake to ride his bike and go to the park with Rick & The kids but the day just was not long enough! Also in the works, I am going to go do fall pics with my kids and hopefully a few trys with my friends kids. Can't wait!
Hope your conference weekend is wonderful. I am excited for tomorrows session. I just love my family, ward, and friends here. We miss you all and wish we were home to play and visit! Have a great week.
1 comment:
Hey Sarah - it's Tara! I am glad I remembered your blog. Your boys are adorable and growing up so fast! I will email you an invite to my blog. I just started it this summer. It has been fun.
Post a Comment