So, now that I finally have everyone up to speed on our lives, I think I will start keeping the log as a family journal . I want to not only show what we are up to, but things that are happening day to day. Everyone misses out on what we are up to because we are so far away, but we have funny stuff that happens and new interests daily.
For instance, I have been going to LA Fitness for about the last 2 weeks. I do interval lap swimming 3 x's a week and either Upper or Lower body (alternated) resistance training the remaining 3x's a week. When I signed up they gave me free babysitting for Jacob in their brand new "kids club" and Jakie loves it. It is like a playground but I get to go work out while he is supervised and has fun. It was hard to get motivated at first, but since Jake loves the "kids club" he asks for it each morning and I cant refuse. It actually reminds me to go sometimes. I am determined to get back into shape ASAP! I have some lofty goals but I am inspired! I caught sight of the girl that won the Biggest Looser and I cant believe what she was able to accomplish. I don't need to do near that kind of weight loss, but I am inspired!!! I figure that if I keep it up and eat right, I can be right where I want to be within 6 months of hard work. 4 if I work really hard, and 3 if I kill myself. I am thinking 4 will work since I want to do it right.
Anyway, I am excited because I hit a goal of mine today. I did a full mile in the pool today. That is not easy to do as a re-beginner (I took swim classes in college and did a mile) but I pounded out all 60 laps (in a 25 meter pool) in just under 35 minutes. I love the burn of the arms and the muscles that ache when I am done! I am tired and hungry when I get home, but I feel so much better when I do it. I cant wait to do another 60 laps on Friday & Monday in 33 minutes and then head for 62 laps on Wednesday in 35 minutes. I think that timing and pushing myself will help me get better and in shape faster, but I really am loving it. Having somewhere for Jake to go while I do it really helps. It kinda gives me no excuses anymore, and that is nice! Anyway, everyone watch out. If I do this right, no one will recognize me when we see each other next! Here's to hoping!
(I will post before and after photos someday when I am where I want to be)
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
1 comment:
Holy cowboys! That is AMAZING!!!
Post a Comment