Ahhhhh! Okay, I am going to have to blog my frustrations out. I am currently in the process of trying to get Jakie to potty train & so far it is a lot of work. I have tried m&m's , thomas trains, books, candy bar bribes, even the promise of a coveted Thomas Table when he gets fully trianed. He gets excited about all of the ideas but then he does not really get it. He comes to tell me that his is stinky, which means he decided to poop in the diaper. He goes #1 already in the toilet when we tell him to, but he does not like the idea of #2 not being closer to home, AKA in his pants!
Rick and I are starting to worry. He has absolutely no desire to use the pot like we want him to, and we cant punish him for not using it. What we have here is a dilemma. I am reading everything I can think of on Potty training, but Jakie tries to outsmart me and has turned it into a game. He waits until seconds before nap time or just seconds after we get off the pot to tell me oops, I went in my pants. He's 3 & 1/2 now and I have threatened it for 6 months but now its gotta happen. I am taking away the diapers! I have a tarp that I am going to put down and he gets to spend the day naked as a J bird in the living room (on the tarp) with a potty seat near by. I am waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out on Sat. before I start so that staying home all day will not be terrible for me. I plan to set a timer and every 30 minutes he has to sit on the pot for 5 minutes. I am bound to catch him when he needs to go #2 at least once right? I figure a week of misery for me will get the job done. I would let him go at his own pace, but that could be till he is 5 at this rate, and I am sick of changing 3 year old diapers. Somehow, I don't think it is that far off from adult ones, and I don't do big diapers! Any ideas anyone???
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
2 comments:
Jayson and I fully understand what you are feeling.. Donnie is the same!! He waits until nap time to go #2 so that we change him. That way he doesn't have to put effort into going to the potty. I have no idea!! We're also searching for answers!!!
sarah-
hi. it's me again (barb). yes, i'm blog stalking you:) and i'm feeling your pain. dave (my 3 year old potty trainer) just went poop in the potty yesterday after a 3 day marathon of going without pants, underpants, diapers or shorts. my sister in law told me that she lets her kids walk around the house half nude for a couple of days and eventually they get the idea.
i think it works because
a) at 3 they're old enough to know they shouldn't go in the floor
b) you are definitely watching them closer if there's nothing to catch the excrement.
dave pooped in the floor twice during the course of the 3 day sprint (not on purpose, but out of holding it too long and fear of going in the potty). yesterday i put him in spiderman panties (because he stopped having pee pee accidents) and told him not to poop in them because if he did i would have to throw spiderman away. i noticed that when he has to poop and isn't wearing a diaper he gets anxious and wants me to hold him. so i followed him around the house with the portable potty chair and i told him i would hold him and hug him while he was sitting on the little potty. we watched a couple of TV shows (little einsteins- very relaxing:)) on the potty (after i noticed the signs and finally went outside to walk around. that did the trick. i held him on the back porch on the potty and he went.
i'm sure we'll have more accidents, but that was my experience so far.
sorry hope you don't mind some explicit unsolicited advice from someone you don't know:)
good luck!
barb
bgilchrist.blogspot.com
Post a Comment