Wednesday, July 30, 2008

"Inspirational" Graduation Day Speaker??

Well, now I can say that I have lived. Quincy Jones was the honorary Doctorate at Ricks graduation, and got to speak for about 20 minutes. Problem is that he took about an hour and no matter how good a speech is, I am done after 30 minutes!! To make matters worse, I got sunburned listening to Quincy speak about a variety of subjects (music, the hood, inappropriate topics, jokes, all of his famous friends, his childhood in the hood, more of his famous friends). There were many more topics, but they all had one thing in common, the fact that they had nothing to do with graduation. They could have if he finished a single thought, but he did not. I'd fire whomever looked over that speech for him!! Well, it turned out okay, but we were all burned to heck and I was ready for it to be over after they announced the first row! No such luck though. They read each class row by row (like 30 + rows) and each name was called (like 1500 names). We got there at 1pm and left at 5:25pm. Yeah, next degree, I am going to go get a facial until the last 20 minutes!! Just Kidding. I am glad that it is over though. Good times, but that last 5 hours killed.

No comments: