Saturday, April 28, 2012

Jacob, You Are Adorable - Lost two more teeth

Jakie has had his front teeth wiggling for months. It took some working but we finally got that front Right tooth to come out. Jacob now whistles when he talks and makes me laugh each time he smiles. Rick says that he reminds him of Ellie (from UP) when he talks. For me he just looks like an adorable little boy. I love watching him smile and seeing his cute freckles and hillbilly smile. He looks like a sweet little boy. I love it. It makes me sad that he will grow up, but at least for now he is still my little boy. Since this photo was taken he also lost his left front tooth and it is even cuter.
Just a funny story about his innocence:
Rick was putting Jacob to bed a few nights ago and while doing so Jacob told him about being allowed to go over to a friends house and playing in the park with his friend and his friends older brothers. Rick asked him if he was a good boy while out on his own and Jacob boldly responded " yes I was, but I don't ever think I want to go back over to my friends house or hang out with his big brothers". Rick was surprised so he asked Jakie why and Jacob said," well, I am sorry to say that they use bad words all of the time". Rick treading lightly asked, "well, what words do they say?" Jacob then said that he did not want to say them but after some encouragement he finally said, " well, they use the "S" word, and the "B" word and the "F" word. Rick I am sure was freaking out but luckily he had the thought to ask Jacob what those words were that they said. In doing so, I would say he probably saved an embarrassing talk with his friends parents for me!
Here is how that conversation finished:
Rick: "Well honey, what is the "S" word?"
Jacob: "Dad, its really bad!"
Rick: "Its okay Honey, tell me what the "S" word means."
Jacob: Okay, (pause and then finally answering) It means....(whispering)STUPID.
Rick: (with relief in his voice) "Oh, okay. Well what does the "B" word mean?"
Jacob: (eyes wide) "Dad, it means...... BUTT."
Rick: (Almost laughing) "And the "F" word?"
Jacob: (Wide Eyed and quietly whispering).... "FART".
Rick: "Okay honey. Thanks for letting me know. Lets never use those words and we can play at our house now".
Jacob: "Yeah dad. I don't want to be a bad kid."
Rick and I laughed about it all night and I laid in bed glad that at 7 that is all that the "S" word and "B" word and "F" word mean to him. I hope he keeps that innocence for a longer time than I did! Once we learn them we cant ever forget them right?!

No comments: