Well, another great Easter is on the books. I know that Easter is not really about eggs, baskets, candy or even fun but with kids around it sure is easy to get all sucked in. Aunt Amy's baskets she sent blew the kids minds and it was fun to watch. We "helped" the easter bunny by hiding lots of eggs around the house in obvious and not so obvious places so the kids could hunt them down and have the thrill of the hunt. Jacob helped Ricky find easy ones and Ricky returned the favor. Both LOVED their baskets full of candy, toys, & little Easter items. Thanks Aim!! We had a leisurely morning with breakfast as I prepared my lesson for church. I was grateful for the opportunity to celebrate the fun and then go celebrate the real reason for this sacred day. While we walked to church I asked Jacob if he knew the real meaning of Easter and was so proud when he told me it was of course, the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. I smiled and held him close and whispered in his ear that he was my smart boy. I aked how it made him feel and he answered perfectly. He answered just what I would have if I had been asked...Special and Loved! Amazing that a little 7 year old can grasp that and know that the candy is fun, but the blessing of Christs Resurrection is forever. Hope you each had a wonderful Easter! We love you all.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment