Saturday, December 10, 2011

Welcome 33, Ready or Not!

Today is my birthday! I am always excited to have a day that celebrates my place in this world. Many people have a hard time with getting older, but I never really do. I figure, it is coming whether I like it or not so might as well just enjoy the ride. Rick woke me up and called me all morning with Happy Birthday wishes, while the kids were all kisses and hugs. Most of the family called or texted notes of love and my friends were great with facebook and text messages letting me know that they were thinking of me on my day. I was touched each time my phone chirped a warning that a new message arrived and was amazed when my e mail was full of people that remembered me. There was everything from great friends to acquaintances that wished me well and made me miss each one. I feel lucky to have people like them in my life in whatever capacity that they serve.

Well, I don't feel much older. I feel tired though....I wonder if that is what older feels like, just tired? I don't feel much smarter, but I guess I would not be smart really if I thought I was smarter right? Mostly, I just feel happy. I am happy with my life, I am happy with my kids, my husband, and mostly happy my efforts over the year. There are a few good areas for improvement (as always) and so, those will be my areas of attack for this next great year headed my way.

We have had some really great changes over the last year with moving to UT that have brought fun realities. We close on a home in Daybreak Communities (South Jordan) in just days ad we cant wait to have a place that we own! I look forward to the many fun amenities offered by the community associations like a lake, boat rentals, hiking & biking trails, parks, the Ochre mountain Temple, etc. We know that we will be happy there for a long time. I of course cant wait to decorate it and feel right at "home". Everyone is invited to come and visit and stay with us anytime!

I was most grateful this birthday to see how the Lord has blessed me. I cant believe that a person can be so lucky. I have people that I love so much that love me back, we have a wonderful job that provides us our lives and we have the gospel in our lives that guides us and helps us to focus on others and gives us perspective. We are not above trial (trust me! We have been in a basement for 4 months living out of boxes), but I am so grateful for all that I have.

Thanks to all that wished me a Happy Birthday, and to anyone that forgot it, no worries. I felt you love too:)

I promise to catch this thing up soon. I have missed sharing our lives with pictures and thoughts at each step. That will be priority one when we get really settled.

3 comments:

kate said...

ooh, so sorry i missed it, i'm never on facebook. glad you had a great day and we can't wait to see you all. good luck with the closing this week eeek! so exciting!

Our Little Family said...

I hope we can come out and see you guys soon. The Burgh just isn't the same

Kendra said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAY! I really LOVED your post and I totally feel the same way about birthdays! I didn't know that you were back in Utah! I wish that I was there so that we could play. Maybe one day! I can't wait to see pictures of your new home! No doubt that it will be decorated super cute! Love you tons! TVB, Birchie