Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday Jakie....

I just cant believe that you are 7 now!! Amazing how the time is flying! What a big boy you are. Only one year until your baptism?? How can it be? Well, I have to say that every year with you and your sweet smile has been such a pleasure.  Your special day was marked with a surprise party in your 1st grade class right before lunch.  I showed up with Balloons with toys tied to each one (7 total) and cupcakes for each kid in your class.  You squealed with delight and jumped out of your seat.  Another little boy had his birthday on the same day but did not have anything done for him so you gave him one of your balloons and let him pick out a toy from your bag.  I was so proud of you for sharing.  It made me think of what a sweet and wonderful boy you are.  You did not try to be selfish.  You genuinely wanted to make sure he felt special too.    Aunt Kaite came to school to take you to lunch today so that you could have a special day.  You went for happy meals and just loved it.  After school you got to watch a movie and I made you chocolate chip cookies & a snack.  You smiled the whole day and I wished I had my camera with me as you laughed and talked excitedly about your birthday wishes and all that had happened to you today.  You finished off your special day with presents from Mom & Dad & Ricky (and of course everyone else in the family).  We all told our special things about you as you opened your presents and finished the day off with cake and ice cream.  I think it was a perfect day for a sweet little 7 year old.  You hugged me and kissed me and thanked me for your day and I put you to bed with many kisses and hugs.  I just loved watching you today and I just love watching you grow each day.  I love you so much son.  You are everything I ever wanted in a child and more.  Dad and I laugh each day at your funny personality and we know that our lives are so much better because you are ours.    Here are just 7 sweet reasons we love you though there are soooooo many more. 

1.  You have the most tender heart.  You want to share with everyone and you are very sensitive to others sadness and needs. 
2. Your enthusiasm.  I love seeing you get excited!  Your smile fills your whole face and you just beam with excitement.  It is infectious!
3.Your wonder.  You cant wait to learn and discover things.  Nothing is boring with you around.  You always say "whoa" when you hear something cool and it makes me appreciate the newness of things you learn.  I hope that never leaves you.
4.Your energy.  Jake, I could not sustain your energy level for 20 minutes if I tried.  I marvel at your strong legs and quick little body and you zip all around.  Dad and I love to see you dance and run and play and use it all up.  We can always count on you to be willing to play ball, ride a bike, race any kid around and do flips during commercials when you watch a show.   NEVER A DULL  MOMENT!
5. You are my kissy boy.  I always get sweet kisses and hugs from you every day.  I always know that you will come climb into bed in the morning and snuggle for whatever time you have before school.  You always say I love you mom and nothing feels better than your cheek against mine as you hug me with all of our might. Never change that!
6.You are such a good brother.  There are  4 & 1/2 years between you two and you have always loved and adored him.  I don't ever remember you being jealous of him.  You have felt secure that we love you both with all of our hearts and you have tried to show him your love too.  Sure you are a stinker at times but for the most part you have been nothing but loving and helpful.  How dad and I appreciate that about you!
7.You are so smart. You tested out of first grade on your first day!  You talked early, you walked early, you laughed right away.  You were more than we expected at every turn. I will never forget when you learned all of the Thomas trains in a few hours right before you turned 2.  I was convinced you had a photographic memory!  Every parent thinks their kid is a genius and some are.. Some are not.  We just know that we are so proud of you and your sweet mind.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPECIAL BOY!  YOU ARE SUCH A WONDERFUL BOY & WE LOVE YOU!








No comments: