It is official! the movers came Monday the 27th and carried everything we have ever owned out the door in about 1 hour. I guess it is safe to say that we are not wealthy, or pack rats if they can do it all in 1 hour. The movers were fast, curious, and careful (all that you can ask of a mover I guess). Despite being a moving day it went so smooth. I owe all credit to my friends that all pulled together to make it so easy for me. Kate watched my 2 kids, her 4 kids, Jenn's 3 kids and Jamie's 2 kids at Jenn's house while Jenn and Jamie came to help me clean. Did I mention that Jenn is pregnant?? I was so touched by how far everyone went out of their way to help. I have been truly, truly blessed by my friends everywhere I have lived. It is amazing how just a little service can make a sisterly bond. I really do feel that way about each of them. Thanks so much ladies! Everyone should have friends like you in their lives! I hope I have been that kind of friend to each of you.
After getting signed out of our rental (10th time in 9 years) i headed over to ce' Wilson where we have been for the last 2 nights. Kate and Caleb have been so wonderful and opened their home and lives to us for a few nights while we wait to fly out to Alaska. We played in the back yard, Kate watched the kids for a few hours while I got our accounts closed and did final check outs on the apartment. I don't know what I would have done without them! We have our last night here tonight and we will again be sad as we depart all that we have loved for the last 3 years, and head up to a hotel for the night before the flight. We are truly sad to we then are super excited to leave Pittsburgh but so excited for what awaits us in Alaska.
We get to spend 3 whole weeks with the Hutchins family. Then it is off to UT for real life. I guess we can call it real life, but living in Mom Shumway's basement for a bit is not quite real life yet. Well, whatever it is, I am excited to be close to friends we already know and love, with family and back in a great state we love. Being in limbo stinks, but I am sure enjoying being with the Wilsons. We are sad that we will not be able to call them up anytime and come. We sure have been enjoying our time together. Playing outside has been the favorite activity, but mine has been just the little moments with friends we love and appreciate so much. Cant wait to return the favor one day. Maybe we can get a little vacation house together as a group?? What do you think Kate? I'd love it. Miss you all tons!
See the kids all playing together at the Wilsons below and at the hotel while we waited to get out below that:
No comments:
Post a Comment