Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Ricky!!!













I can't believe that Ricky turns 2 today! I was in the hospital room marveling at his huge body (10lbs 9oz) and fat cheeks right about now, only 2 years ago. I remember hoping he would be funny, smart, hansom, love his mommy & daddy and big brother. Well, he has been all of those things and more. Ricky has become (much like Jacob is) a funny little kid that makes us all laugh, a naughty one that bugs Jake and then kisses him, a curious little guy that gets into EVERY
THING, and a tender little hearted guy that loves to hear how much we love him. I truly would not change a thing about him. This year Ricky went from babble words to sentences and thoughts. He is articulate about things that matter to him like trees, Jacob, food, puppies, bikes, Shia (Arshia), Lyssa (Alyssa) & Lillo (Olivia), popsicles, parks, running and of course, our favorite phrase "LOOK AT ME"! What can I say? My boys love it all and they certainly are not shy.


Well, this year Ricky has mastered climbing everything and has the bruises to prove it. I have had to stack dining chairs on the table to keep him from using the table as a stage to dance on and dive off of. I have had to use gates well into his toddler hood and never leave out anything that I care about. Naughty and mischievous as he may be, he is so loving. I get a big smile and "Hi Momma" every morning, kisses every night and that cute grin to warn me about his thoughts that will turn into mischief. He loves to go on rides (because we give him a treat), and yells "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy", when Rick walks out of work each day. Each night he loves his bath, teeth brushed, and story with Jacob. It takes him about an hour to stop laughing with Jacob, but we never hear a peep from him until 8am the next morning. I figure there is always a trade off.

I have so many memories of Ricky this year but my favorites that come to mind have been:


1.Unsolicited moments when he turns to me and says "Mommy, I lubby do" (I love you)

2.Times that he said thank you after a diaper change or treat

3.Times that he thanks people that help us with a "Thank you Mam/Sir"

4.The times I hear a tearful "Sawwy" (sorry) after a naughty fit

5.And of course, the times his eyes light up when we see each other after we were away a few hours.


Ricky, we love you so much. I am so grateful that We decided to add you to the family. We would never have been as happy as we are now without you! You make our lives so rich, so full, so fun. What a great idea you were & we thank Heavenly Father for giving you to us every day.

I guess all that is left is to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY baby boy! We cant wait to have many more years with you and your silly smile! Here are a few scenes from Ricky's little family Birthday party at CiCi's pizza for dinner and Chucky Cheese for fun (or as Ricky says it "CHUCKY-EESE").
























































































































2 comments:

kate said...

we love ricky! did i tell you we have a little book with a toddler in it that looks like ricky, so olivia asks me to read it to her multiple times a day so she can point him out and say "dat's ricky!" he is such a joy.

4 Olsen's said...

Happy Birthday RICKY!!!! I can't believe he is 2.