Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What The????

Jacob was sitting eating breakfast while we watched the morning news before school, a few weeks ago. As we watched they featured a clip of a clip of a cute cudly little calf born just days before. Jakie perked right up to watch and smiled as they showed the cute little guy.... until he saw that it had two heads! They were shoing it from the side first so you only saw one head and then they panned around to the front of the cows face and you saw the freaky neck split into two heads. We laughed for days after that because here was the reaction from Jacob from start to finish:

Jakie: Awe, look! What a super cute little........What the??? followed by a look at us that let us know he was having trouble processing/believing what he saw. He was half laughing, half grosed out.

Me: Honey, it is a two headed cow.

Jakie: "That is just too crazy." "It freaks me out."

Me: "Yeah, he freaks me out too."

Jakie: "Oh, man! That is just too freaky."

Me: "Yep, he is freaky alright."

Jakie: "I mean, he has two, not one but two heads!"

Me: "Yeah, that is freaky honey." "Finish your cereal."

Jakie: "I, I just cant believe it." "I am totally freaking out."

Me: "We have to leave in 10 minutes so freak out quick and lets go."

Ricky: Just looking up to see the TV & news cast. "Woooooooaaaaaahhhhhh! Feaky, Feaky!!!"

Jakie is so funny. His face was priceless. I wish I could have a photo of that very moment he realized something was not quite right!

In retrospect, I should have taken a moment to freak out with him a bit more. It really was worthy of a little more reaction that I gave. I should remember what it was like to learn about this stuff for the first time. When did I get so blase about cool stuff??? Well, I guess Jake will keep me young ........ and Ricky will keep me crazy! Ha. Love these guys!

How about you? Does it freak you out? Anyone else see this photo/clip?

1 comment:

Melissa L. said...

I laughed so hard reading this that I cried! Love it. :) Aren't kids the best? They drive us crazy, but boy they provide some great entertainment! And by the way, my mom grew up on a dairy farm and actually had a two-headed calf for a while. Freaky indeed.