Happy New Year Everyone. I just could not wait for 2011. This feels like a year of renewal and starting fresh for me. I have years that I think I need to just tow the line and keep things the way that were last year, and then years like 2011 where I cant wait to change as much as possible. I feel excited about the possibilities and slightly nervous about things working out the way I want them to, but I really feel like no matter what, I want to look back on 2011 and say I took a risk and it paid off.
Our New Years Eve was filled with our friends here in Pittsburgh and we had a blast. We spent the evening over at the Kimbers home. We joined up there with the Wilsons, Olsens, The Kimbers and Us. We had fried turkey (Mark & Josh Special), and every other snack food you could think of. The kids ran around for hours while we all sat around talking, laughing and playing games. It was so fun to relax and just hang out with great friends and have fun. Jacob & Ricky loved having little friends to play with and no parents hanging over their shoulders. We stayed until midnight and lit sparklers for the kids in the Kimbers front yard. The kids ran around throwing sparks (super safe right??) and hooting cheers for the New Year. It was a perfect way to say goodbye to 2010. We got home late and we were just totally exhausted!
I went to bed thinking about the changes I want to make in 2011. It is a lofty thing to say that I want to do something risky/fun for 2011 so I decided I need a list of things I can do and a risk to take. I think my first risk is to set the goals ahead of time and say that I will accomplish them at all costs. I hate not completing things on my list, so once I set them, I must achieve!
Each year, I usually do the same old boring list of about 20 years worth of resolutions that I know I will never achieve, and never tell anyone about them. This year however, I wanted to really think about his years and make a list of things that I can really do. Here are a few that I can do and want to achieve.
1. Exercise daily. I think that if I just make it a habit and daily get out, do something, release the stress, release the energy, and have fun I will just feel better and see the results I am looking for. Ultimate goal: Get in best shape of my life!
2. Be a better spouse/mom. I do everything for my family that I possibly can, I just don't always do it with a good attitude or smile. That is one I really want to improve. I think I will be happier with myself doing it. Ultimate goal: Do more to make the family happy.
3.Really get out of all debt that is not necessary. We are not big spenders but I really want to pay off the loans from school & car, etc. We have worked hard, but I want to see big steps this year. Ultimate goal: No debt, save for a house.
4. Shake things up. I would love to do something new and exciting. I have not set my sights on anything in particular yet, I would just like to rock the boat a bit. Nothing reckless. I like controlled rocking of course, but I just want to feel excited about something new. Ultimate goal: excitement!
5. Learn to let things go. I am a person that can multi task & do a million things at once when things are fine. However, when something is wrong or there is a real problem, I just stew over that one thing and have a hard time doing what is needed. I get consumed. This year, I would like to work on letting myself feel frustrated for a bit and then learn to do what I can and let the rest go! It is so hard to do, but I just hate feeling the stress that comes when things cant be perfect. I know that nothing ever will be perfect, so I have to simplify or learn to live with complex situations. I hope to really work on that this year. Ultimate goal: Less drama & stress!
That is my list so far. it is not everything but I think that they are things that are needed. I guess i could add spirituality in there too. That is one of those on-going/forever ones on the list. I do want to be better at that too though.
Well, after looking over the list, I guess each of my goals could actually apply to the family too. Mommy sets the tone though, so I am sure if I get better at them that the family will follow. Wish me luck! I will need it to stay the course and see what I cam accomplish. Happy New Year everyone! We love you all and miss you all.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment