Friday, August 27, 2010

Whats Up With Us?

Oh my goodness!! I cannot believe it the end of summer! I cannot believe I have not blogged in so long. I have so many things to catch up on and have put everything off for so long that I just dreaded catching up. So.. Here is the low down on the best of the best things missed!

July was hot, muggy and yucky. We had a thunderstorm almost every day and I was uninspired for photos so I mostly have pics of the kids in the house relaxing.


























































































































We did manage to get out to see the Buttler County Fair this year. Hot is hot, but the weather was so hot we all ended up with head aches and headed home a little earlier than we thought we would. Jake loved it and I am willing to bet that the sheep that goosed me (yep, goosed me) was Jakies favorite part.
Here he is, that little gooser: I felt like I was back in Italy!







































































Rick graduated from his Fellowship program in July (first part) and was honored at a great luncheon with the other fellows of past, present & future. Rick is still the Administrator of GI at Presbyterian & Shadyside Hospitals, and has taken on Pulmonary Services as well (as an interim administrator.) He is busy, busy, busy and we are so proud of him!

(Left to Right: Physicians Services Fellows Franchesca, Laura & Gillian & Cho-coo at far right end. Administrative Fellows: Mark & Rick are next to each other)

















August came in with the same furious storms and the month passed so quickly. Our time this summer was spent getting over the surgery, cleaning out the house, hitting the pool, getting Jake ready for School at a reading camp he participated in for 2 weeks in July, lounging indoors much of the time due to the previously mentioned horrible weather, etc.
The best thing to happen all summer was when Kate and Mom Shumway visited in August. They stayed from the 15-22nd and we loved it!! It was so great for the kids to see family and although we missed Cam a ton, we had fun.
We went up to Grove City for a little shopping at the Outlet mall and then up to Lake Erie to see the shore front. IT was amazing to see how large the lake is and how much it looked like an ocean! If it had a larger wave break, I would have thought it was!




































We had so much fun, but it was HOT! The drive up and back were worth it though! Such fun!.

Some of our other favorite times were when we all got to go to Kirtland, OH and did our favorite church history tours at the John Johnson Farm, The Kirtland Temple, Historic Kirtland, and then a few miles out to Marie Yoders Restaurant ( An Amish favorite of ours).
There were endless activities during Mom & Katie's whole trip including Chuck-e-cheese, shopping around town, restaurants galore and just lots of talk time. We miss them tremendously now that they have headed home.


Summer may be ending, but have so many more things to do like school starting soon, leaves changing, weather getting crisp, etc. and I feel a little more inspired to get out there and capturing it all for memories. Watch for our adventures as we go!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Wow, can't believe your crazy weather. Summer seemed really short here due to not getting very much sun. I feel Fall in the air already. Sounds like you guys have had fun this summer though. I here you on the being uninspired to take pictures. Good luck to Jake at school!