Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wedding Bells! Congrattulation to Jonathan & Elizabeth

Anyone Know David Brough??? Well, to quote him: "Wedding Bells!" Congratulations Jonathan and Elizabeth! They are officially married as of 6:48pm on December 20, 2009 and I have a new sister. I have mentioned before that I had the pleasure of planning my brother Jonathan's wedding from Pittsburgh and now...here is 411 of the event. I flew home to TX on the 15th of December to help get things pulled together for the ceremony on the 20th. They got married at a gorgeous little Historic Hotel Downtown (at the El Paso Weston, El Camino Real Hotel.)

It was so much work but so worth it. I just checked something off every day for 3 months when ordering, checked things off for the 5 days prior to the wedding and when the day arrived, everything was done and ready to be set up (or at least that is how it felt). I was proud of my organization because usually it is no worries, until that day when a melt down occurs. Not for me. Thank goodness I had my Mom to do the leg work, Her mom to help set up Sunday morning and to give me lots of great ideas and handle Elizabeth's load along the way!

I went early to set up on Sunday morning and after a few kinks (things were not set up yet!) and some patience it all came together. A little extra help from my Aunt Cindy (my aunt, moms sister) that morning helped a ton too. It was sure appreciated!

We, well Elizabeth (Bride) and Johnny (Groom) went with colors of Burgundy, white, with the accents of crystal and fire light. We used White Orchids and Burgundy roses for flowers, candles on every table, in every window sill, in large glass candle holders, diamond crystals on every surface, and white petals to mark the aisle path. I was the ideas behind it all and they were the veto on anything they did not like. I don't think they vetoed anything actually! They were the easiest Bride and Groom in history! I just kept them informed and asked them to tell me if they hated things, and let me know if they wanted anything extra. Neither complained and both said they loved it! Truthfully, that was all that mattered! From my perspective, everything came together just as I saw it in my head and I was so pleased that they were happy. I sure love you both and thanks for not only letting me be a part of things, but for making them fun and being so appreciate. Welcome to the family Elizabeth!

I DID NOT get to take any of the pics as I ended up totally busy getting things ready and on time, etc.. but here are the pics that were taken by the pro they had do it:The Cake Table to the right of the enterance. I think too many cakes are hidden or off to the side. For what they cost, they should be featured! I loved the design and I made the 36 rose head topper by hand. My fingers are still dyed a little burgundy from the roses!Sign in Table. The bright flash washed out the matting that people sign but it is a square matting that people sign around the sign in pen jar. It will hang with their wedding photo in it. I took the engagement photos in 15 minutes in both frames on both tables up at Sceinic drive the day before the wedding. It was freezing, early and we had time for 10 shots but I think I got some good ones. They worked anyway.
Here is what the room looked like before guests arrived. The lighting was much softer once the sun was down. The whole room was lit by candle light and gorgeous huge chandaleers seen in other pics below. It was beautiful! Tables have red rose petals and tiny, tiny diamond chips over them to make them sparkle. The candles are on top of round mirrored plates that reflected back the light of the candles and chandaleers.
Hutchins family that could make it, 09. Dad, Mom, Jonathan, Elizabeth, Rick, Me, or kids Jacob (5) & baby Ricky (6 mo.), Ben and his kids Ashley (5) & Alley (9). Missed the rest of the family!Groom Jonathan with Mom and Dad.Jon and Elizabeth with the Brides family (Perez family.)Neither of them are exhibitionists so I think it was painful for them to do this in front of lots of people, but I actually started crying because they were super sweet. I am so happy for them both. (They got closer a few seconds later!)Yep, they do and they did. We are glad!

P.S. I made the boutineers. I think they came out pretty good for my first time! :)Moms and Dads congrattulate the crazy kids first.Hola to the band! They played american and mexican standards and I have to say that I loved the cumbias! Wish I didnt have kids with colds that night or I would have shaken a hip or two!
They said absolutely no dance alone, but, after 25 people forced them up there they did their first dance together as husband and wife. Again, not exhebitionists! They were great sports though.
Benny, His girls to his right (Ashely, Alley) and to his left is our cousine Andy. Cant find a pic of Cindy & Brian though. Such a bummer! Wish we had cought them on film!Guests and table shots. Mostly family/friends of Elizabeth. We are few on the Hutchins side in town, but we are fun! Head table in the back infront of the window sat Jon, Elizabeth, Her parents and His parents.

Making their escape. We got them a room at the hotel that night so all they had to do was head upstairs! Love that idea. Next time I get ma..... just kidding! No seconds for me! I got my soul mate and I wish them the same luck (mingled with dedication and hard work) that I had!

2 comments:

kate said...

everything looks amazing sarah! wow! they are so lucky to have had your talents!!

Stephanie said...

Yes, Sarah wow is right! You did an awesome job. It seemed like everything went well and turned out beautifully. You are one talented lady!