So, for everyone wondering how the baby is baking well, he is doing just fine. Actually, he is doing really fine. We went in for our 32 week appointment a few weeks ago and were immediately sent for an ultrasound. The Dr. said that I was 32 weeks and measuring 37 weeks. Yikes! I knew I was huge but I did not think I was 5 weeks larger than normal. The Dr. said he wanted to be sure that our dates were not off, that there was only one and also to check the baby's size. Well, we went in a week later for the ultrasound and Ricky looks good. He is HUGE, but he is good. At 33 weeks the Dr. that did the ultrasound said that Ricky measured 6.5 lbs. Holy crap! He is huge. Most babies are 5.5 lbs at 35 weeks or so. This little guy is probably about 7lbs already and looks super healthy. I get miserably sick and hate life while I am pregnant, but I sure can bake them cant I! At our 34 week appointment on Tuesday our Dr. said that Ricky is in the 90+ percentile. He is probably going to be over 10lbs if I make it to 39 weeks. They said that they would not induce before 39 weeks unless it was becoming unsafe for him to be inside, but so far, things look great. Jakie was 8.15oz a week early so I figured that Ricky was going to be about that size or a bit bigger. Well, I figured right. He is kicking me a lot harder than I remember with Jacob too. Man, I am curious to meet this little fella. He moves all day, loves to sit on my bladder, is quite irritated when I am hungry, kicks me in the ribs when I am sitting still and moves every time he hears Ricks voice. I love that part. (I hope he is like Jake that way. Jacob is a 50/50 mama, daddy's boy. He does not favor either of us more than the other. He wants to be with Rick as much as me and I think it is because Rick has been so hands on. Rick takes him out with him and has since he was an infant. He gets the same shake with either of us. We are hard on some things and softies on others so he cant really play us against each other. I hope we keep that up for Ricky because I love to see our little ones love their dad that way. Rick is such a wonderful example and I want the kids to learn his best qualities. I think exposure to Rick all of the time with be the key on that one).
Well, for now, it is just a waiting game. I just have to keep doing, eating, and thinking well. I still get quite sick, cant sleep anymore, I am huge and my belly hurts from all of the movement. That all sucks, but the swelling is the worst. I just feel huge!
I told Rick that I feel like the mama goats at the petting zoos. You know, the poor goat that has her belly so full of baby that you can see the baby moving inside of her and actually tell where the hoofs are as the baby thrashes. Yep, that is me! They have a face they make that I remember thinking, yep, I hear ya sister! I don't want to be a goat anymore!!!! I am ready for this little one to be done already. I am putting my money on the 1st week of June though he is due in the second. I just don't think that there is enough room for this rough and tumble baby to stay for the full 40. I guess we will see.
I told Rick that I feel like the mama goats at the petting zoos. You know, the poor goat that has her belly so full of baby that you can see the baby moving inside of her and actually tell where the hoofs are as the baby thrashes. Yep, that is me! They have a face they make that I remember thinking, yep, I hear ya sister! I don't want to be a goat anymore!!!! I am ready for this little one to be done already. I am putting my money on the 1st week of June though he is due in the second. I just don't think that there is enough room for this rough and tumble baby to stay for the full 40. I guess we will see. P.S. that baby bump is a dead ringer for me! Man, I cant wait to get back on track and swim, eat lettuce and not hurt all day! It is all worth it though. I know when I see his little face that I will be madly in love for the third time in my life.
4 comments:
Qual'e' il tuo numero di telefonino? L'ho perso.
i am glad to see an update from the shumway family! i have wondered how you all are!! crazy about your place nad all that went on there, and to have to move being pregnant is no fun at all! congrats to rick on the new job and all else that is going on!! also, thanks for the kind comment on our blog! luckily little will is doing well, ah, things could just have been so much worse! but i am so grateful for all who have helped me understand this all more, and who know people who have CP as well. it gives me strength and gives me a better perspective on life! anyway, take care!! it is nice to be in touch!! ps, how is rick's dad? i have thought of them often, i hope he is hanging in there!!
Keep him baking! You are doing great! Can't wait to see him!
Wow girl you do know how to bake em'. I am sorry I am feeling for you you. I hope you have baby Ricky soon. We love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment