Sorry for the amount of time it has taken to get back to blogging. I have been so busy with my calling and just trying to keep up. There has been so much going on that I could not possibly catch up. Suffice it to say that I have mostly been listening to FOX network (I am super into the political shows), cleaning, cursing Obamas campaign, enjoying new friends, adoring Jacob, disciplining Jacob, and trying to convince him that if he would just crap in the potty his bum would not burn. I don't get why he wants to go in the diaper and cry when I change it. Anyway, Good times folks!
Caution: This is an angry portion of the blog!
The biggest thing thing for me this week is the realization this week that we are freaking poor!! Yep, it took until now to realize that. It took finding a house that I love that is totally in our "price range" and wanting to buy it to figure that out. We went and looked at it, dreamed about it and came home to do the finances to put in an offer before we realized that we can't afford it. Well, cant afford it and keep savings and be responsible! We could swing it but life would suck after ward.
I was so bummed, then angry!! Angry that we have done everything by the books. School, working, paying taxes, working so hard and then when we should be able to make it, the economy screws us. The very day that I find a house, the economy goes in the tank and all funding that would have helped is gone. I resent our leaders that made this happen. I so hope that McCain and Paylan are elected (Sorry to our democrat friends and family, but it is true, I am republican)!
I am sick of government saying that if we work less, do less, and stay needy that they will fund us. What is wrong with working hard in life?? It is never easy. We have sacrificed more than should have been possible at times, but we did not give up and suck the system. Working 15 hours with a new born and never seeing my husband to both work and make the bills is a major sacrifice. School debt to be self sufficient is a major sacrifice. It is just frustrating to see folks that took the easy route here afford homes, new cars, etc. on tax money and we cant afford a home. I am so afraid of a system under Obama that offers more government involvement and less incentive to do well. I don't dislike Obama the man, I dislike Obama the mentality. I really hope people become aware of what we are in for if they win. I have a feeling that we will not have a home for a while if they do.
I don't want to disrespect anyone choices politically if there is a reader that disagrees. I just needed a forum to vent. Rick is sick of hearing about it already! Ha! At least I have the faith that tithing and obedience to the gospel will offer blessings and eventually we can have what we want/need.
My mom said something wise: "the worst thing you can do is force things! You don't want to do something that wont just work out". She is pretty smart so I think I will take her advice and go in to the 3rd stage of denial and finally just accept it. Anyway, hope your home hunts are going better than ours. Wish us luck. Love you all!!
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
2 comments:
All I have to say is A-MEN!!!
yeah- it doesn't really help you save YOUR money to buy YOUR house when you are paying for everyone else's rent, food stamps, college tuition (while still paying off loans on your own), ER visit for the sore throat. meanwhile THEY are getting their nails done, paying their cell phone bills, carting around their coach bags, and (i kid you not) using the cash side of their food stamps card to buy CIGARETTES (i saw it happen more than once when i was a cashier at macy's). we are paying for people's smokes with your house money.
someone told me a quote the other day that said something to the effect that "america will remain a democracy until the people figure out a way to vote themselves money". obama socialism, here we come.
Post a Comment