
Well, it is done! Our primary program wend wonderfully. I cannot imagine it going better if we tried. Each child said their parts in their own words and their pure little spirits just stole the show. I just love my primary kids! I just love my councilors and I sure appreciate my teachers! As time goes on I think that we have clicked and things run so well considering our small size and considerable challenges.
Barb and Dianne and Linda (councilors and Secretary) were awesome and found the format that we used during the program. Together we planned each child's part and I think we got it just right. Here is the outline in case you wonder what we did:
ABC's of the Gospel:
Intro: This year we have focused on our "Savior, Jesus Christ". His life. His ministry. His gospel. The children want to tell you what they've learned. The lessons taught by the teachers each week are sometimes have difficult principles for the students to understand, but we try to make it easy for them.......In fact, it can be as easy as the A,B, C's.
We have each child supplement the Letters meaning below with a scripture, experience, or testimony and an example or explanation of what it means to them. We interspersed songs that we worked on through the year as they matched the themes being shared.
A is for the Articles of Faith
B is for Baptism
C is for Confirmation
D is for Doctrine & Covenants
E is for Eternal Families
F is for Fun
G is for Goodly Parents
H is for the Holy Ghost
I is for Invite (others to hear the gospel)
J is for Joseph Smith
K is for Knowledge
L is for Love
M is for Miracles
N is for Nephi
O is for Ordinances
P is for Prophets
Q is for QUIET (this one was yelled at the crowd by a sunbeam-- it was adorable.)
R is for Redeemer
S is for Service
T is for Truth
U is for Understanding
V is for Virtue
W is for Wisdom
X is for eXample (this one was done by each Nursery child and parent holding a picture depicting Christs example for us. Lots of scenes from his life and they were announced what each picture was by the nursery leader.)
Y is for Young (I loved this one: "Even though we are young, there is much good that we can do.")
Z is for Zion (the whole primary repeated together: "Zion is a place where everyone is kind and fair and loves one another, just like Jesus taught." )
I closed the program with remarks that varied from thank yous, testimony, examples and finished by saying that "we learn a lot of important things in primary, but if we ever forget, just remember to go back to the basics, back to our ABC's.
I loved being a part of this program. It was rewarding to conceive of an idea, fill it in with the kids parts and watch it come to fruition. I love primary and I love my kids. I have thoroughly enjoyed this calling and really have enjoyed working with my presidency. I don't know how long I will get to serve in it but I sure do love it!
Hope yours was as cute as ours. Hope you felt the spirit like we did. Wish you were here!
Barb and Dianne and Linda (councilors and Secretary) were awesome and found the format that we used during the program. Together we planned each child's part and I think we got it just right. Here is the outline in case you wonder what we did:
ABC's of the Gospel:
Intro: This year we have focused on our "Savior, Jesus Christ". His life. His ministry. His gospel. The children want to tell you what they've learned. The lessons taught by the teachers each week are sometimes have difficult principles for the students to understand, but we try to make it easy for them.......In fact, it can be as easy as the A,B, C's.
We have each child supplement the Letters meaning below with a scripture, experience, or testimony and an example or explanation of what it means to them. We interspersed songs that we worked on through the year as they matched the themes being shared.
A is for the Articles of Faith
B is for Baptism
C is for Confirmation
D is for Doctrine & Covenants
E is for Eternal Families
F is for Fun
G is for Goodly Parents
H is for the Holy Ghost
I is for Invite (others to hear the gospel)
J is for Joseph Smith
K is for Knowledge
L is for Love
M is for Miracles
N is for Nephi
O is for Ordinances
P is for Prophets
Q is for QUIET (this one was yelled at the crowd by a sunbeam-- it was adorable.)
R is for Redeemer
S is for Service
T is for Truth
U is for Understanding
V is for Virtue
W is for Wisdom
X is for eXample (this one was done by each Nursery child and parent holding a picture depicting Christs example for us. Lots of scenes from his life and they were announced what each picture was by the nursery leader.)
Y is for Young (I loved this one: "Even though we are young, there is much good that we can do.")
Z is for Zion (the whole primary repeated together: "Zion is a place where everyone is kind and fair and loves one another, just like Jesus taught." )
I closed the program with remarks that varied from thank yous, testimony, examples and finished by saying that "we learn a lot of important things in primary, but if we ever forget, just remember to go back to the basics, back to our ABC's.
I loved being a part of this program. It was rewarding to conceive of an idea, fill it in with the kids parts and watch it come to fruition. I love primary and I love my kids. I have thoroughly enjoyed this calling and really have enjoyed working with my presidency. I don't know how long I will get to serve in it but I sure do love it!
Hope yours was as cute as ours. Hope you felt the spirit like we did. Wish you were here!
No comments:
Post a Comment