Monday, June 28, 2010

Lancaster County, PA.

We went to check out Lancaster County over Memorial Day Weekend on the way to New Jersey (to visit friends). Rick loves going to Amish towns and wanted to see what Lancaster offered. We found that like many other Amish towns it was farmland, animals, black buggies, hand made goods, good people, and our favorite: Good & Plenty. Everything was similar to other Amish towns in PA, but just on a much larger scale. Ever been to Lancaster? Ever been to Good & Plenty? If not, Good & Plenty is an Amish, family style restaurant where you are served with all other guests (kinda like one big family table). We went and paid (super pricey) and enjoyed a home made meal of bread, fried chicken, baked Talapia, fresh corn, apple butter, mashed potatoes, green beans, butter and desert (ice creams & pies). All of it was made from scratch by Amish recipes and I was amazed! What a difference in taste! What a difference in texture! I don't know that I could ever wear the clothes & adhere to the life style, but I sure could get used to the amazing food! We had a great time & although we paid for Jacob & he ate NOTHING, we were glad that we stopped to enjoy the fun.

No comments: