Monday, April 5, 2010

On The War Path

I think of myself as a cool, calm, collected woman that can handle stress with grace and dignity. Of course that would cause everyone else that knows me to ask this question: Have you ever met yourself Sarah?

Recent Case in point:

I must have been on the war path today because when Jacob did not listen to daddy (quickly enough), I set him straight firmly but lovingly. He took it a bit differently than I anticipated though.

His reply? "Oh, momma, don't chop my brains out!"
Really? Chop your brains out?? Well, that gave me pause. I guess I certainly could be kinder, sweeter, nicer, softer, easier, and I am sure more patient! But then, he could listen right? It is the chicken & the egg thing, but I guess I should just do a little better each day right? Maybe a little sweeter & softer but still firm?

I did not know I was chopping brains out bad (Rick agreed after Jacob informed me though), but it certainly gives me a point of reference! Maybe next time I will go for just over reacting.


Starting tomorrow I think tomorrow will have to be a little extra attention and softness to redeem myself.

Ah, it must give my mother great satisfaction to read this. I accused her of "chopping brains out" or the like when she was irritated with us too. SORRY MOM! You were great, irritated, sometimes irrational, but definitely still great. Hopefully Jakie feels that way about me someday too.

1 comment:

MARNUNEFREI said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.