Helllo Everyone,
Well, sorry it took so long to blog again but this month and last were insane! We had Thanksgiving, 2 birthdays (jakie and Me) finals, and a road trip to Utah all it seemed within a few weeks of eachother. We also decided on the our choice of fellowship and I will update about that as well.
I think the way to go is to blog each one individually so that we get it all out there. I will start with a blog about the news that Rick and I were able to come to a decision on the fellowship offer that we wanted to accept. Looks like it will be Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!!!!! Rick will be starting June 30th at the UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center) in an Administrative Fellowship and it looks amazing!! We have decided to move out there, rent for a few months and then look for a home since things are acutally still reasonably priced and we will be here a while. The company is flying us out in March to look for lodging and to let us see the city. I cant wait!! I will definitely miss Seattle and our friends but atleast we have 6 more months. I never said it but I knew it what what Rick would prefer and I somehow felt that same peace about that decision. I am extatic and so proud of Rick for his hard work! I watch how hard he works and I know that he deserves every success that comes his way because he earns it. Anyway, we are excited and I will tell more as we know more.
Thanksgiving, as that is about the last time I entered in some info. Rick, jakie and I went out and got a 12lb. bird, drinks, stuff for stuffing, and were all set for a 1st attempt at a Thanksgiving dinner on our own when a friend called and said there was too much food at their house and invited us over. I was excited to get out of having to cook agian so we accepted and ended up having a delicious dinner at their home. We ate plenty and helped clean up and went home to peace and quiet and were grateful for the friendships that saved us hours in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up just to have left overs. Rick cooked up the bird he next day and we enjoyed every bite. I think next year really will be at home though since.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment