Nelda
Shumway passed at 4am Tuesday April 18
th.

Here funeral was held April 23rd. Rick was able to fly back (thanks to generous family providing means to do so) for the services, but the kids and I could not make that trip on such short notice. I was truly sad to miss her service and pay my respects. I have thought so much about Nelda and all that she has been to Rick and me. For Rick she was a pillar of strength. He respected and revered Grandfather and Grandmother and found Nelda to be so loving and such a wonderful example. For me she was a Grandmother when I had none. My grandma
Bratton died about 10 years ago. I loved her very much but did not get to spend a lot of time with her (She lived in CA). My grandma
Hutchins was around until about 2005 but we did not have a positive relationship. Grandmother
Shumway was my first Grandmother that I got to live near and enjoy up close. I loved going to see her during the week and tell her all about our lives and successes. She was so truly excited about all that we were up to and so encouraging when Rick and I needed advice. Watching her with Grandfather was so inspiring to me. There is nothing like seeing a woman that has her husbands full respect and adoration. She was all that I hope to be when I reach her age. Never have I ever heard a word about Nelda that was anything less than glowing. What a wonderful example and friend she was for me. I miss her so much. I miss her face, her phrases, her hugs and her friendship. I know she is thrilled to be back with Grandfather and loving her work on the other side, but she will be so missed by Rick and I and everyone that has ever known her. We love you Grandmother
Shumway.
XOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment