I am writing this blog totally jealous of Rick right now. He got an e mail on Thursday morning from the CEO of a hospital in Ireland (Beacon) where Rick has been communicating (for months) about a COO job. After months of hearing nothing about the opportunity Rick and I had just moved on and considered it on the back burner. We didn't think that we would hear anything before April, if ever. We were wrong!
Rick was invited out to visit the hospital Monday -Friday of this week. He was booked a passage on the UPMC PRIVATE LEER JET along with the entire UPMC corporate financial team for the International Services Division. Needless to say he was a bit intimidated, but I think he was equally excited. Rick had to get his passport issued in 24 hours and be ready to depart only days after he was notified. Luckily, he was able to get everything done and headed out for a red-eye flight. He left at 6pm EST and got in to Ireland at 4:20am.
Ricke was picked up and taken to the Hotel they booked for his first night. He was put into the 5 star Royal Marine Hotel located on the oceanfront boardwalk town of Dun Longhaire (Dun Leery") overlooking the channel between Ireland & England. Rick said that the Hotel & accommodations were beautiful. After about 3-4 hours of sleep, Rick was up and getting ready to go.
A taxi pick him up and take him into Dublin and then to the Hospital. He met with a full array of administration that he would work with, if offered the jo
b, and then off to meet with the CEO Joel. Rick really liked Joel and was impressed with him as a person and leader. He had lunch with a former co worker (Mags) that is now in Ireland at Beacon and then back to more meetings & discussions. He ended his evening with dinner at a little Italian place with Joel & His partner in their little town Dalkey. After a full day & evening, Rick got back to the hotel exhausted when I called him at about 10:30pm. We talked for a few minutes about all that he had experienced, all that was pressing and I let him go to bed. I was excited to hear that he thought the city was beautiful, that he thought the people were kind & inviting & that it was something he would consider. I am of course chomping at the bit to go & be Irish for a few years. It has all been fun & interesting anyway. Only time will tell how things work out, but I really hope it is an option that works out. I think Rick does too, though he would never admit it until he is signing his contract.
b, and then off to meet with the CEO Joel. Rick really liked Joel and was impressed with him as a person and leader. He had lunch with a former co worker (Mags) that is now in Ireland at Beacon and then back to more meetings & discussions. He ended his evening with dinner at a little Italian place with Joel & His partner in their little town Dalkey. After a full day & evening, Rick got back to the hotel exhausted when I called him at about 10:30pm. We talked for a few minutes about all that he had experienced, all that was pressing and I let him go to bed. I was excited to hear that he thought the city was beautiful, that he thought the people were kind & inviting & that it was something he would consider. I am of course chomping at the bit to go & be Irish for a few years. It has all been fun & interesting anyway. Only time will tell how things work out, but I really hope it is an option that works out. I think Rick does too, though he would never admit it until he is signing his contract. Ricks second,third & fourth nights will be at the Merrion Hotel at City Center in Dublin. The hotels pictures online wont upload on my blog but it is beautiful. here is the link: http://www.merrionhotel.com/
All I can say is that I am super jealous! I cant wait to hear from him tonight to see how his day went after another round of meetings. If all goes well, I could be living in the greenest place on the coast (not green as in greenie weenie, more like lush green). Let's hope we all get a chance to see these amazing views in person.
Here are a few places he visited in Dublin City, in the Dublin townships of Dalkey & Dun Lungheire ("Leery").




No comments:
Post a Comment