Hello everyone,
Well, things are going pretty great/crazy/tiring in the Shumway household. There are so many things to do lately that I am at a total loss for time. Rick is frantically trying to fit everything on his plate in with the limited hours in a day. He heads out this week to interview in Houston for a great Fellowship and just got back on Wednesday from Pittsbourgh and had a geat interview there. In addition, he is trying to juggle work 10-15 hours a week and full time school. I admire him and cant believe it is all doable for him sometimes.
We are getting excited as the responses on his 25+ applications that he sent out to various Accademic Hospitals for the Fellowship positions are calling back wanting to do multiple interviews (phone and in person). I think we are pretty close to a few solid options and bet it wont be long before we have made a final decision on where we are headed (or staying???). I will post right after we know though.
I am still doing 5 nights a week at the restauraunt and actually really liking my job. I cant wait to get to stop working soon, but I do enjoy the customers and co-workers quite a bit once I am there.
Jakie is still quite full of energy and keeping us on our toes. He got a visit from "Uncl-Lurrly" and Lucy (really Uncle Orly and Zeuse- the big masculine Boxer Dog) on their way to Alaska and he loved it. How he managed to change the manliest dog into a her and name "her" Lucy, I am not sure, but it was a blast. I will Post a video of him with her soon for everyone to hear his utter glee as Zeuse licked him over and over. He loved it. It was all fun until Jakie wanted him to lick his face and then I had to say basta! We think we want a boxer now. Well, we want Zeuse now so I will see how to work that one out. Just Kidding Orly!!
The holidays are headed strait for us and we are getting excited to finish out the year. We should have a Fellowship nailded down before December and then my B-day, Jakies B-day, Christmas and my 5th Anniversary will be right behind them. I LOVE DECEMBER!!! I begin planning the trip to Italy, that I have held off on for 5 years now, in January and I am getting excited. I cant wait to start making some real plans. I will of course post on that as I get further along in my planning.
Well, work is calling so bye. I sure love that I can publish thoughts and family and friends can catch up on our lives. I miss everyone so much and it stinks that there never seems to be enough time or cell minutes to call and keep in constant touch. If you have this address share it with other family or mutual friends if possible. I would love to hear from anyone that can. Bellasarah80@hotmail.com is my e mail incase you dont have it.
Bye.
Six Month Bean
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment